SMS Text Messaging
We have a patient text messaging service. We use this to send confirmation of appointments and appointment reminders. We also use this messaging service to let you know:
- If your tests results are back and the Doctor needs you to book an appointment or a telephone consultation to discuss.
- If the results received are normal and no further follow up is required.
- Invitations to review clinics
- Health promotion information
- Other services that we provide to you involving your direct care
No information which identifies an individual patient such as name and address will be included in the text.
Unfortunately we are not able to switch off part of the service (i.e. leave the appointment reminder service but switch off the other messages).
Therefore if you do not wish to receive these additional messages please let the practice know and we will switch off the text message service linked to your medical records. You can change your mind either way at any time.
Please ensure you keep us up to date with any changes to your personal details. You can do this at the surgery or via this website.
Please refer to our Privacy Notice on our website.